Saturday, March 21, 2009

The Seven Sisters Inn continued...




A short time ago, we posted a photo of the Seven Sisters Inn, located in the heart of the historic district in Ocala. This is a world-famous B&B, which consists of three buildings, and an outdoor garden which includes a beautiful gazebo often used for weddings.

We ran into one of the owners the other day and she graciously allowed us to wander throughout the Inn and take photographs.

The first photo shows the second of the three buildings. The second photo features the hallway in the main building. The third photo is the dining room, and the fourth photo, taken by Lois Anne is of one of the bedrooms.

The Seven Sisters Inn is said to be haunted and Lois Anne, who is quite aware of these kinds of things, said she felt the spirits while we were taking pictures. They are definitely present, she assured me.

Unfortunately, the Seven Sisters Inn has fallen on difficult times and has been for sale for some time. There was a contract, but that fell through, and now the inn is scheduled to go on the auction block next month.

You can read the details here.

We'll be posting additional photos of the inn over the next few days.

14 comments:

Marie said...

Hello Jacob, this is a beautiful house! I wish I had enough money to buy it. I would have a job and a place to live in your country (which I love). I like cooking, so it would be fun :-))) Still, I think the decoration of the bedroom is a bit "chargée" (too much?). Have a nice Sunday and thank you for your comment on my blog. I also wish I could take indoor photos like yours!

Marie said...

Hello Jacob, this is a beautiful house! I wish I had enough money to buy it. I would have a job and a place to live in your country (which I love). I like cooking, so it would be fun :-))) Still, I think the decoration of the bedroom is a bit "chargée" (too much?). Have a nice Sunday and thank you for your comment on my blog. I also wish I could take indoor photos like yours!

cieldequimper said...

Well... to be honest and no offense meant, I would probably feel ghosts in the pink room too thoug I love the green dining room. Such a shame that a place like that would end up in the auction room.

Anonymous said...

There are great photos. Achievements. Greetings.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful place, great photos

VP said...

This place may be a bit over the top but it is really something. They could use it as some kind of museum, it's a pity it has to close.
Jacob, the last two shots are absolutely excellent, you can't see any better on interior design magazines. Very good job and let's see something more of this incredible building.

Daryl said...

What a charming place ..

Lowell said...

Thanks to all for your comments. Vogon Poet, you're embarrassing me. Please don't stop!

Dottie Jo said...

I love that green room, but the pink one is a bit much, don't you think? And I love pink!

Oh, and guess what?? I nominated you for a Kreative Blogger Award! You can copy it from my blog http://daytrippinginnyc.blogspot.com/ and then award it to some of your favorite blogs! Congrats!

nobu said...

Lovely place.
Thanksto sharing.

Debbie Courson Smith said...

That is such a charmer.

Anonymous said...

The dining room is absolutely gorgeous! What a great place!

Ming the Merciless said...

I like the green dining room. The pink bedroom, not so much. :-)

Rose said...

Thank you so much for giving me the link...don't know why I didn't think to do a search myself. This place is something else...I am loving seeing it.

"Photographers deal in things which are continually vanishing and when they have vanished there is no contrivance on earth which can make them come back again." — Henri Cartier-Bresson