Thursday, March 5, 2009

The Seven Sisters Inn

It's called "Seven Sisters" because the original owners had seven daughters. Built in 1888, this Queen Anne Style structure in Ocala's historic district, has been completely restored and serves as a Bed & Breakfast inn.

"Faux paintings and murals begin an artistic expedition starting with carved doors from Indonesia and reaching the four corners of the globe. World travelers can experience lighthouses of Cape Cod, a Safari Bengal room, a Sultan's bed in mysterious India, imported French fabrics from Paris and Zen-like harmony of the Orient. Jacuzzi, Victorian soaking tubs, spa showers, fireplaces, heated towel bars available in most rooms. Gourmet breakfast and afternoon tea is included. In-room coffee service, luxurious bathrobes, newspaper, free bicycle for use, candlelit dinners and murder mysteries available."

Sounds pretty good. And the prices run from about $100 - $300 per night.

The only trouble is that some folks say the place is haunted. Ghosts reside there. Some think it was built on the site of a battle between US troops and Seminole Indians. Things go bump in the night.

Or do they?

15 comments:

VP said...

Very beautiful building and story, this house could really figure in any ghost story. There is also a painted blue plaque on the outside, which seems to be intresting. (Yes, I know, I always ask this...)

Judy said...

Where do we sign up!! Beautiful old house reminds me of some here that have become B&B's.
Love the story.

cieldequimper said...

Beautiful house! I would love to spend a night in a haunted house! ;-)

Lois said...

I think it is very pretty and the ghosts just add to the ambiance! I love the name too.

crocrodyl said...

Great photo! It looks so mysterious! Great history!

Anonymous said...

This house reminds me of the B&B my husband and I stayed in on our honeymoon over 14 years ago...it was near the Great Smoky Mountains.

I love the description of the house and would especially love to see the Orient-inspired rooms.

Unknown said...

Tis is such a beautiful house!

Anonymous said...

That looks far too homely to be haunted! But maybe the turrets look spookier at night!

Marie said...

I'd love to meet the ghosts but the place is too expensive for my "empty pockets." :-))

Daryl said...

Oh lovely romantic architecture and possible ghosts! How cool.

Kala said...

I was jus about to say, I thought I had heard this place was haunted until I read thru your post so now I'm certain this must be that place - its quite a distinctive name - seven sisters - gives me goose bumps!

Kala said...

I was just about to say, I thought I heard this place was haunted, and after reading thru your blog, I guess it is the place I am thinking of - jus the name, "Seven Sisters" give me an erie feeling =)

Hilda said...

It's a beautiful house and your description makes it sound so interesting and luxurious! I think the ghosts will make the experience just a bit more interesting :)

PJ said...

We have one of these extravaganzas here in Pensacola. It's amazing the lengths the owner has gone to provide so many amazing amenities. This sounds like a wonderful place to stay.

Susie of Arabia said...

I'd still like to stay there, even if it IS haunted! The rooms sound really interesting!

"Photographers deal in things which are continually vanishing and when they have vanished there is no contrivance on earth which can make them come back again." — Henri Cartier-Bresson