Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Tom


I think his name is Tom.  He is the "greeter" at an antique shop we visited in Micanopy, Florida.  The owner said Tom sleeps most of the time on a table in the middle of the aisle.  Tom loves everyone.

Tom was a stray who wandered into the store one day and claimed it for himself.
It appears he never intends to leave.  He's found a home.

People pet him, chuckle him under the chin, scratch his back, whisper sweet nothings in his ear and Tom takes it all in without so much as opening his eyes.  I do believe I saw him grin, though.

15 comments:

William Kendall said...

What an absolute sweetie pie! I think of a bookstore not far from where I grew up that always had a cat or two in the place.

Tanya Breese said...

Ha I think Tom is a bit spoiled!

Linda said...

Awwwww....what a precious, sweet and beautiful cat! I love animals as you know, Lowell, and I have a male cat named Romeo. He is 3 years old, black and white with beautiful green eyes. He is great company. :)

Taken For Granted said...

That is one happy, relaxed cat. Good that he greets everyone who comes into the shop.

magiceye said...

Picture of contentment!

Petrea Burchard said...

If you ask me, animals make everything better.

Kay said...

Looks like he found exactly where he needs to be and he's gotten his staff and public well trained.

Karl said...

It seems that Tom is a common name in the cat world... :)

Bill said...

Tom knows a good thing when he sees it :)

PerthDailyPhoto said...

It's a cat's life for sure 😃

Sharon said...

He's found the a great place to live, why should he wander? It's funny how some cats are wanderers, always on the prowl while others are perfectly happy staying close by. I've had both in the past or should I say, they had me.

RedPat said...

He's got it made, Lowell!

Francisco Manuel Carrajola Oliveira said...

Lindo gato e muito bem apanhado.
Um abraço e bom fim de semana.
Andarilhar

Halcyon said...

Looks like a welcoming fellow!

Gunn said...

What a wonderful posting, both image and text.

Happy weekend!

"Photographers deal in things which are continually vanishing and when they have vanished there is no contrivance on earth which can make them come back again." — Henri Cartier-Bresson