Monday, September 18, 2017

A Napping Teddy Bear


The store is called Blocker's Furniture.  It's fairly upscale as reflected in their prices.  While browsing one day, this chair piqued my interest.  I asked to see it in its normal configuration.

Well, that didn't sit well with the people running the show.  They said, in no uncertain terms, that teddy bears needed their cat naps just like anybody else and I could come back when he woke up.

Now, I may not be the brightest bulb in the chandelier but I knew this was one teddy that was not waking up anytime soon.  So, I pulled myself together, choked back my tears, and said "I'm going to look for a chair elsewhere, a chair without a bear!"

And that was that.

15 comments:

Marleen said...

That is so sweet, Lowell :)

Bill said...

That's Papa bear and he does need his rest especially if he is working as an underpaid bear on location. It's a demanding job. :)

Taken For Granted said...

Good for you for seeking a chair elsewhere. Apparently the sales staff do not want to sell chairs, and did not want to be bothered to do anything. That Teddy Bear can comfortably sleep anywhere.

Greensboro Daily Photo said...

I thought that was your bedroom! Thank you for your comments about the blue heron. I really liked it too.

Janis
GDP

William Kendall said...

He's had himself a long day and needs a snooze. And a good breakfast when he wakes up. Pancakes, maple syrup, honey, bacon and sausages, cup of tea....

Linda said...

How sweet, Lowell! Love this! :)

RedPat said...

I think I'd fall asleep in that chair too!

Kay said...

But...what's a chair without a bear?

Francisco Manuel Carrajola Oliveira said...

Gostei desta composição fotográfica.
Um abraço e boa semana.

Andarilhar
Dedais de Francisco e Idalisa
O prazer dos livros

PerthDailyPhoto said...

That bear in a chair
really shouldn't be there,
That bear in the chair
really should
Be in the wood! 😀😀

Sharon said...

I'm smiling! It was probably better to look elsewhere anyway!

Lois said...

Cute post Lowell! That teddy bear really is sacked out, as my grandmother would say.

Tanya Breese said...

haha you crack me up...looks like a nice spot for a nap though!

Bergson said...

silence! Do not wake-up

Small City Scenes said...

And you stuck to your guns I am sure
MB

"Photographers deal in things which are continually vanishing and when they have vanished there is no contrivance on earth which can make them come back again." — Henri Cartier-Bresson