Saturday, September 23, 2017

Cody's Roadhouse - Lake Sumter Landing


Cody's is the name of a chain restaurant company which designs their stores (restaurants) to resemble the "roadhouses" of old. I'm not sure what that means, but if they contained a lot of antique artifacts, sold liquor and featured steaks and french fries and other heart-threatening menu items, then Cody's got it right. 

Ocala has had a Cody's for 7 or 8 years. Lake Sumter Landing in The Villages got one shortly thereafter. Brownwood, the latest Town Center in The Villages has also joined the Cody club. We have dined in each of these and our experiences were quite satisfactory.

Most Cody's include an old orange truck parked in front of the building. The Cody's featured in this post is in Lake Sumter Landing, on the water, and has a great view.

11 comments:

RedPat said...

Love the truck! I'd probably try out Cody's!

William Kendall said...

That truck really does stand out!

Revrunner said...

Must take some doing to collect all those old trucks. :-)

Taken For Granted said...

Lovely old Chevy pickup truck. Fine way to attract customers. Good to know the food is acceptable.

Bill said...

I noticed that they say, "hand-cut steaks", makes me wonder how else would you cut them, circular saw cut steaks. It doesn't have the nice ring to it, but I'm sure they are popular. People like remembering the good old days.

Have a grand rest of the weekend. Very windy over here, you can get blown away just opening your door.

Lois said...

The one here in Tallahassee closed down. I was kind of sad to see the orange truck gone!

Linda said...

I love that truck, Lowell! This sounds like a place I would enjoy trying!

Kay said...

I remember seeing a Cody's truck before. (Can't remember the last time I had a steak!)
Re: Your question regarding top heavy boats...the boats I've seen in your region go upwards more than they do here, with more of the boat reaching above the waterline -- higher cabins or a couple of levels of them and scaffolding up above the cabins. This creates more windage; the boat's heavier on top and more subject to being blown over. We get a lot of wind in the Pacific Northwest - and in the Pacific Ocean, generally, too. It seems prudent around here to avoid anything that would assist the boat capsizing.

Marleen said...

Sounds good! I like that truck.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Sure they were just like that, except the artifacts weren't antiques yet during the original roadhouse's heyday ;>)...

Judy said...

I'll pass on the steaks but I'm liking this picture a lot.

I'm doing well, and thank you for asking. I sneak a look at your blog a couple times a week to see what's new. Glad you made it through another hurricane without much trouble. (and another move)

I'm not doing much picture taking around here so nothing to post on my blog. I do most of my photography on trips out of town. But it's all good!

"Photographers deal in things which are continually vanishing and when they have vanished there is no contrivance on earth which can make them come back again." — Henri Cartier-Bresson