Saturday, February 17, 2018

Saddle Shops & Tack Shop

These photos were taken at HITS, 2018.  The first two photos feature small shops that deal mainly in saddles and bridles, etc.  I noticed two things about them:  1) many of the finest saddles are made in France and 2) they are very expensive.  As I recall, the saddles start in the $4,000 range and go up from there. 

The last photo features a tack shop, which sells a wide range of equipment used by horses and riders; not just saddles but also clothing, boots, etc.




13 comments:

William Kendall said...

Good lord, that's expensive!

I could use a new duster coat.

RedPat said...

It is probably a good place to pick up equipment!

Michelle said...

I am impressed with the talent that goes into making those saddles.

Gosia said...

riding a horse is an expensive hobby

magiceye said...

Very expensive hobby!

silvia de angelis said...

Fantastica selleria in cui perdersi per la varietà di cose
Buona domenica e un saluto,silvia

PerthDailyPhoto said...

I do believe anything to do with horses is an expensive business ☺

Andy said...

I never realized that the horse business is so popular in Florida.

Marleen said...

I had no idea how expensive saddles were.

Sandi said...

"4,000 range"

Wow!

Kay said...

I know virtually nothing about saddles but I do notice that these don't have horns as they do for western style riding. That may account for their being imports. And...fancy riding, expensive gear.

Lois said...

Sounds expensive, but probably worth it, especially if you have invested a lot of money in your horse already.

Laura. M said...

Good stores. Caprices cost money, Lowell.
Thanks to you also for your visits to my blogs😊 🙋
Un abrazo.

"Photographers deal in things which are continually vanishing and when they have vanished there is no contrivance on earth which can make them come back again." — Henri Cartier-Bresson