Tuesday, December 29, 2015

SMALLCAKES - A cupcakery


Ocala's Paddock Mall has a smallish food court with several vendors purveying their wares. At the far end of the food court is an area which I've come to think of as "No Man's Land." Over the past few years a variety of stores offering different vittles have attempted to create viable businesses in "No Man's Land." All have failed, including one of the very famous and well-regard Subway stores.

I believe the reason for this is that the area is too far removed from the mall action.

Recently, SMALLCAKES, set up shop in "No Man's Land." It looks very nice and if I liked cupcakes I would certainly patronize the place. I hope they can make a go of it but cupcakes are a niche business and there may not be enough interest to gain enough customers to pay the bills.

12 comments:

William Kendall said...

It's not that uncommon, it seems, that one eatery location in a mall might have a bad record for keeping places in business. I've seen it here.

Linda said...

It certainly looks like a warm and inviting place, Lowell. I am not into cupcakes, either, but if they had other offerings I would definitely check it out if I lived in the area. :) Lovely photo.

RedPat said...

I always find them messy to eat but they sure are popular now!

Kay said...

As a fan of cupcakes I wish them well and hope they succeed, though I know what you mean about some No Man's Land areas. Realtors aren't kidding when they say "location, location, location."

Sharon said...

You will have to let us know if they make it. Cupcakes are very trendy right now. I'm not a fan either but, they do tend to sell well around here.

Laura. M said...

I wish you a happy new year full of happiness ♥ And to continue sharing ;)
Feliz año nuevo Lowell.
Un abrazo.

VP said...

My best wishes to them and to their business! May they sell a lot of cupcakes!

GreensboroDailyPhoto said...

Cupcake shops usually do too much icing.

Happy New Year, Lowell

Janis (and David)

GDP

Existe Sempre Um Lugar said...

A melhor saída é seguir em frente com motivação.
Feliz Ano Novo
AG

EG CameraGirl said...

I'm not a fan of cupcakes but I know lots of people do like them...maybe even enough to go out of their way to get them.

magiceye said...

PLace is jinxed!!

Anonymous said...

I wish them all the best, and to you... a very healthy and prosperous New Year!

"Photographers deal in things which are continually vanishing and when they have vanished there is no contrivance on earth which can make them come back again." — Henri Cartier-Bresson