Tuesday, January 24, 2017
Brolly in the Sun
No, I'm not British, but I love the word, "brolly," which in British-speak means "umbrella," or something thereabouts.
This gentleman is holding a brolly. It is not raining, nor is it forecast to rain. The sun is shining and the gulls are pooping in the lake.
So, the question is, "Why?"
1. He has a brolly fetish.
2. He likes to hold something in his hand while standing.
3. It is remotely possible that it will rain in the next 24 hours.
4. It might rain next week.
5. A passing gull might unload on his head.
6. He thinks he looks handsome when holding a brolly.
7. He wants to look jaunty like the owner of this blog. (See profile photo)
8. His wife told him to hold the brolly while she went shopping.
9. He found it in the trash, saw that it was in good condition, and is testing it out.
10. He doesn't have a clue why he's holding a brolly.
P.S. I'm adding this after the posting: while it had occurred to me he was using the umbrella to ward off the sun to avoid skin cancer, I simply forgot to throw it in the mix. Some good friends brought it to mind. So that would be No. 11. I should also add that skin cancer is a huge problem here in Florida.