Saturday, April 1, 2017

Bridge with a Lock


This post can be titled as above, or it could be titled: "The River Seine is Wet." 

The following poem is from my book, Perched on the Edge.

Bridge with a Lock


Paris features bridges
some with clocks
and some with locks.
The locks are fastened 
there by lovers
who appreciate themselves.

There is a bridge
that has no clock
but has a lot of locks.
I'll be waiting 
on that bridge
out amidst the locks.

So you will have
to look for me
on the bridge without a clock
standing by a lock
because you're the only one
who has the proper key.

You said you felt you had the need
to let our love go free
but I don't know what that means
and I can't afford to wait.
I think I'll jump into the Seine
if you're a minute late.


This poem was used by permission of the author.  ðŸ˜Ž

The theme for April 1 is "Wet."  The above is my interpretation which allowed me to use one of our Paris photos and to promote my book!  Such a deal!

Other interpretations of the theme can be seen HERE.

17 comments:

RedPat said...

The bridges of Paris are so beautiful, Lowell! Like your poem too!

William Kendall said...

What a view! Good poem, too!

Shammickite said...

Please don't jump into the Seine, I think the water might not be the cleanest!
The practice of putting locks on bridges is pretty stupid in my opinion.

Andy said...

Why do you have a posting about love locks on April Fool's Day?
Ù©(♡ε♡ )Û¶

Linda said...

Lovely poem and photo, Lowell, and you have paired them so well together!

Catalyst said...

Ha! Good poem and great photo.

Taken For Granted said...

Nice poem. Are those statues about to jump into the Seine? Or are those two dressed in black to carry out their suicide pact? Interesting twist on theme day.

Sharon said...

Great poem and great photo to go with it. Makes me want to visit Paris again but, not the locks.

Kay said...

A favorite city! Cute poem. I think there have been problems with the weight of all those locks. People aren't supposed to put them there but there are vendors along the sidewalk more than happy to sell them.

magiceye said...

Beautiful photograph.
Where love is concerned one needs no clock! The moment is forever locked. ;)

Petrea Burchard said...

Nicely done! Pretty bridge and pretty poem.

Marleen said...

The photo and poem fit so well together. Nice post, Lowell!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

J'adore this gorgeous image Lowell and also your wonderful way with words.. more please ☺

Bill said...

What a beautiful bridge and poem. I like them both!

Lois said...

I remember taking photos of that same bridge when I was in Paris! It is a lovely shot Lowell. I already have a copy of your book and I would recommend it to everyone!

Small City Scenes said...

Wow you covered all bases there----Good!
MB

Laura. M said...

Beautiful bridge, I have walked by it, Lowell and precious words accompany him.
Un abrazo.

"Photographers deal in things which are continually vanishing and when they have vanished there is no contrivance on earth which can make them come back again." — Henri Cartier-Bresson