Thursday, February 22, 2018

The Black Barn Restaurant


When you see a sign advertising a restaurant named "Black Barn" at the HITS event, you don't think much of it as barns are endemic to horses and horse raising and horse racing and just about any other activity horses engage in.

But when that restaurant is located in New York City, it gives one pause.  It came to life recently, in 2015, but has already built something of a reputation as it is built on a barn theme.

Now, I've been in a lot of barns.  I've been in some dairy barns.  I've helped milk cows in dairy barns.  I like barns.  But one thing about most barns is they stink to high heaven!  A barn is not a place where I would wish to eat.

But, the Black Barn in New York must not stink and seems to be doing OK catering to people who are curious about barns and what it would be like to eat in a barn.

One source had this to say:  The Black Barn offers "upscale American cuisine served in a barn-inspired setting with a chef's table."  

You can find out much more (with photos) HERE.

11 comments:

Bill said...

Sounds like an unique experience. What will they think of next?

Stefan Jansson said...

Don't think I have ever eaten anything in a barn.

RedPat said...

A barn doesn't sound to appealing to this city girl as a place to eat! ;-))

Taken For Granted said...

I would enjoy any restaurant will good food even if it had a barn theme. Our horse barn did not smell bad. It smelled of sweet hay. But then it was cleaned several times a day during warm months.

William Kendall said...

Odd of them to be advertising down there.

Lois said...

I looked at their website and that is some fancy barn! I'll bet the food is good too.

Francisco Manuel Carrajola Oliveira said...

Deve ser um bom restaurante.
Um abraço e bom fim-de-semana.

Andarilhar
Dedais de Francisco e Idalisa
O prazer dos livros

Greensboro Daily Photo said...

Had you not said anything, I'm not sure I would have noticed the restaurant's location. Clicking through to the restaurant's site, I can see how it would seem like a respite from the hustle and bustle of NYC.

Maybe I'll go next time I'm in NYC and tell the manager I read the sign on Ocala Daily Photo.

Janis
GDP

Sharon said...

I had to take a peek at that link. Barns and NYC just don't seem to go together. Apparently it is working well for them.

silvia de angelis said...

Bei colori vivaci in questa inedita immagine
Un saluto,silvia

Kate said...

The link you provided gave a good look into the interior and it's rustic ambience is appropriate to go along with the title.

"Photographers deal in things which are continually vanishing and when they have vanished there is no contrivance on earth which can make them come back again." — Henri Cartier-Bresson