Saturday, May 28, 2016

The Last Laugh



 I stopped my bike, to take a break
and far off I could see
a big brown cow eating grass
and sneaking peeks at me.

Another day I stopped again
and right there stood the cow
the nosy girl was wont to know
What I was doing and how.

I explained the best I could
City Daily Photo
She mooed and snorted and then she said
"I may be a cow but I'm not slow."

I got on my bike and rode on home
     but I got that old cow's photo  
 Perhaps someday a farmer boy
 will take her pic to her to show.  

That's when I'll come riding by 
and I'll yell at that ol' cow:
"Ha, ha, ha! You snooty beast 
Who's got the last laugh now?"

13 comments:

William Kendall said...

Creative poetry, and cows are always like that- at least one will want to see why some stranger's stopping and looking at them.

Linda said...

Lowell, I love the cow photo and the poem!!! :) :)

Taken For Granted said...

Your poem fit perfectly with your photos. Great effort on both.

Kate said...

That brown cow with the white face is really a bull in disguise. . .be careful, be very careful!!

SRQ said...

Well done -- clever!

Petrea Burchard said...

Best post ever!

Bill said...

The cow has his eyes on you so watch yourself :) I like the poem you composed for this, very creative!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Oh you do make me happy J :)

Sharon said...

Fantastic! You've put a huge smile on my face this morning!

RedPat said...

I'm smiling up here!

Small City Scenes said...

Well---MOOOOO!
MB

magiceye said...

Hahaha .... Thou shalt not provoke!

stardust said...

The brown cow looks like wearing a white mask.

Yoko

"Photographers deal in things which are continually vanishing and when they have vanished there is no contrivance on earth which can make them come back again." — Henri Cartier-Bresson