Sunday, March 11, 2018

Legs


This is one of my artistic shots showing what an artiste I really am. As soon as word gets out, I expect to be overwhelmed by galleries wanting to show it in their main showing room.  In fact, I've already gotten a call from Burke's Bar in Ireland. They want to hang it in their loo. Being an American, I'm not sure what the "loo" is but it must be important as many people visit it frequently.

I'm also not telling whose legs these are nor am I going to divulge the incredible long and difficult process involved in getting this photo to look so artistic and exciting.

It's already started!  I just got an email from Arizona State University, of which I am an alumnus.  They saw the photo and sent me some kind of affidavit.  I'm not sure what it means but it said something about never divulging my previous affiliation with the school.  I'm sure they're worried about how to deal with the huge crowds of people wanting to see it.

Kate's Gallery in St. Paul, Minnesota, has already priced it at $1,500,499.  There's just one problem - I may have read the commas wrong.  It's so cold up there that they can't write very clearly.  And does the minus sign come in front of the number or at the rear of the number?

Doubtless, many of my blogger friends will want a copy for themselves as it's going to do better than Warhol's Campbell's soup can (You can buy a framed print of that for only $189.99 at Art.com).  But please be patient as it's going to take some time to put together the business team I will need to process requests as they pour in.

16 comments:

Sharon said...

Prepare yourself for the deluge, it's a masterpiece!

Marleen said...

Wow Lowell, a once in a lifetime shot ;))

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Oh Art Gallery WA would definitely be interested Lowell and when I'm there I can tell the crowds who will undoubtedly be gathered around gazing in awe, a little like they do with the Mona Lisa, I can proudly announce that I personally, well virtually, know the artist!

Optimistic Existentialist said...

You should eventually do a blog reveal as to the owner of the mysterious legs ;)

William Kendall said...

Hah! :)

Just wait until Dan Brown uses this as a code source for his next book.

Bill said...

OMG, this art photo has been the talk around town for weeks once they heard it was processed and completed. There is a special loo that certain patrons have access too and that's where they would like it to hang. Of course you, the renowned artist, would have special privileges, above and beyond the regular clients. What a great international deal this turned out to be. It will open doors that we never knew where there. :):)

RedPat said...

It is worth the trip to Ireland to see the original in the loo! ;-)

Gosia said...

strong legs

magiceye said...

Please, please, please let me market it in Mumbai! Sure is a get rich quick scheme :D

Kay said...

Oh, yeah. I've seen this very special camera technique. Employed it a couple of times myself, too. I think it's called accidentally firing the camera while you're looking at the back of it. I'm sure that you hoity toity artist types have a better term for it.

Petrea Burchard said...

Remember to pay your model out of that buck-fifty.

Greensboro Daily Photo said...

Clever! and you readers love it!

Janis
GDP

Karl said...

You are a real Artist, Lowell !

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Oh yes -- we'll be standing in line. I'd stand in line for your words too -- I can use the smiles.

Laura. M said...

Mejor piernas a medias LoWell😜
Un abrazo.

silvia de angelis said...

Movimenti fermati da un abile obiettivo
Un sorriso,silvia

"Photographers deal in things which are continually vanishing and when they have vanished there is no contrivance on earth which can make them come back again." — Henri Cartier-Bresson