Wednesday, March 28, 2018

A Flutterby


There are bloggers out in the blogosphere who take and publish fantastic butterfly photos. This was my attempt to do the same.  It's pretty sad, I know, but than again I know so little about these overgrown moths, I thought this was a Monarch flutterby. However, I've been informed by someone who does know about such things that no, this is not a Monarch, but some sort of swallow tail.

I shan't argue the point except to note that's a really dumb name.  Does it swallow its tail?  What tail? 

On another note, I'm probably going to be a bit slow at commenting the next few days, but not to worry because I shall be checking out all blogs that do not feature flutterbys.

15 comments:

Francisco Manuel Carrajola Oliveira said...

Uma fotografia fantástica e de grande beleza.
Um abraço e Boa Páscoa.

Andarilhar
Dedais de Francisco e Idalisa
O prazer dos livros

Kate said...

It is a perfect photo of a beautiful animal, regardless of its name!

Sharon said...

What are you talking about? That's a superb photo. I love the way the sun is making the wings glow with light. It's perfect. That's an Eastern Tiger Swallowtail and it's a beauty. Ya done good!

Marleen said...

In my opinion this is a beautiful photo! Lovely.

Taken For Granted said...

A beautiful butterfly. We do get to see these in the summer time.

RedPat said...

You got a good pic of him, Lowell!

Bill said...

A nice sharp photo Lowell. Well done!!!

Maria Rodrigues said...

Amazing butterfly, wonderful shot.
Greetings
Maria de
Divagar Sobre Tudo um Pouco

magiceye said...

This is a beautiful creature, well photographed!

Kay said...

Those guys are so hard to catch! You've done a good job with this one, whatever its provenance.

silvia de angelis said...

Un esemplare bellissimo di farfalla, ricco di colori primaverili
Un saluto,silvia

Karl said...

Gorgeous butterfly captured in a perfect macro !

GreensboroDailyPhoto said...

Butterflies can be hard to capture. The wing position is perfect.

Janis
GDP

PerthDailyPhoto said...

It's a gorgeous shot Lowell. I'm the same, I couldn't tell you the names but I really do love the symmetrical patterns on butterfly/moth wings!

stardust said...

Looks like a Swallowfly butterfly. This photo shows how thin the wings of a butterfly.

Thank you for your encouraging comment on my latest post, Lowell. I'm always happy to read your feedback. Have happy days ahead with humors.

Yoko

"Photographers deal in things which are continually vanishing and when they have vanished there is no contrivance on earth which can make them come back again." — Henri Cartier-Bresson