Monday, March 5, 2018

Arts & Crafts at Michaels


Michaels is a large chain featuring a variety of products for use in creating artsy/crafty projects. The Ocala store is quite popular even though it has to compete with another, huge enterprise just down the street, Hobby Lobby.

On this day we ran into a group of women hard at work at personal projects, sitting around a table near the front of the store. I figured they were there to show customers how they also could take advantage of what Michaels offers.

One woman is painting, another is knitting and the third is working on some kind of art project. It appeared they were all having a good time.

12 comments:

Sharon said...

I shop at Michaels quite often. I've created many of my art club projects from supplies at that store. I won't shop at Hobby Lobby because of their political activities.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Arts and crafts are huge Lowell.. we can with my granddaughter every weekend on Skype, it's not as easy as doing it for real together but she looooves it 😀

Greensboro Daily Photo said...

These spaces for people to gather and make are really getting popular around here, too.

Janis
GDP

silvia de angelis said...

Tanta creatività in questi bazar pieni di tantissimi oggetti
Un saluto, silvia

Marleen said...

I would love to have a look there.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Looks like they're having fun and it is good to know there is an alternative to that other store you mention!
( I wouldn't set foot in Hobby Lobby if I were paid to do it because of political reasons. However, since I am not a crafty person, my protest means absolutely nothing to anybody.)

Bill said...

Creative women at working the craft. Nice shot, Lowell!

RedPat said...

I wonder if they are employees or good customers? I've never heard of Hobby Lobby. What is the political issue with them?

William Kendall said...

They've got Michael's shops up here, but I've never been in one.

Michelle said...

I like Michaels. Hobby Lobby has too much stuff! lol

Kay said...

We're counting down the days until our local Michael's opens its doors.

Laura. M said...

It's a good women's meeting. They are very busy.
Un abrazo.

"Photographers deal in things which are continually vanishing and when they have vanished there is no contrivance on earth which can make them come back again." — Henri Cartier-Bresson