Saturday, April 14, 2018

Bikes at Dick's


Dick's is a sporting goods store which sells just about any kind of sports equipment you can imagine along with clothing and shoes and guns and treadmills, etc.

Dick's also sells bicycles.  The cheaper version.  They look pretty good.  And they're not bad.  However, a bike repair man told me it's not always a good thing to buy a cheap bike.  In a year or two it is likely to need repairs and you'll end up spending about as much as it cost originally to get it fixed.

He may have been exaggerating.  But I don't think so; especially if you ride a lot.

12 comments:

Francisco Manuel Carrajola Oliveira said...

Um transporte saudável e ecológico.
Um abraço e bom fim-de-semana.

Andarilhar
Dedais de Francisco e Idalisa
O prazer dos livros

Shammickite said...

Lots of colour here, I love the red walls. I wonder if red inspires the customers to spend more.

RedPat said...

More business for the bike repair guy!

Tom said...

...many bikes become 'garage art.'

Marleen said...

On the other hand, an expensive bike doesn't guarantee a problem-free life..
Choices, choices 😅

Sharon said...

I do enjoy seeing them all line up like this even if I don't buy one.

Vicki said...

I love riding bikes. I have 3 of them.

William Kendall said...

I haven't ridden one of those in years.

Kay said...

They look prettier at Ocala Bicycle Center, methinks. And cost a whole lot more.

magiceye said...

Attractive layout!

orvokki said...

Now it is a cycling season. Here in Helsinki and espoo is wanting all people to stop driving by car, and use either public transport or, preferably, a bike. But I think it's impossible, there are old people, and families with kids, and some like me, who like to drive and walk, and a long way to everywhere...
Nice photo.

Small City Scenes said...

I miss riding my bicycle. I have it and Bob fixed so I could ride it stationary but since the dr cafooeyed my knee it doesn't bend too well.
Love the old Oak tree in a previous post.
Go to bed now
MB

"Photographers deal in things which are continually vanishing and when they have vanished there is no contrivance on earth which can make them come back again." — Henri Cartier-Bresson