Saturday, May 19, 2018

Cecile's French Corner - Mt. Dora, Florida


The outdoor eating area at Cecile's French Corner in Mt. Dora, Florida.

The following comes from the Internet:

"Mount Dora is a city in central Florida.  It's known for its antique shops and annual festivals.  Downtown, the Modernism Museum displays modern furniture.  Housed in a 1923 fire station, the Mount Dora History Museum documents local history.  An extensive collection of classic cars, plus a replica of a 1940s gas station, are on display at the Museum of Speed.  Northwest, bass-filled Lake Eustis has waterside restaurants."

We've visited Mt. Dora on numerous occasions.  It's a beautiful little city set amongst rolling hills and numerous lakes, and is a great place to wander about, get something to eat, people watch, and/or find some special treasure in one of the many gift shops.


Note:  This is cross-posted to our Florida Fotos blog.



14 comments:

Vicki said...

I love Mt. Dora!

silvia de angelis said...

Un luogo gioioso e colorato in cui trascorrere momenti spensierati
Un saluto,silvia

Tom said...

...a wonderful shady spot!

Taken For Granted said...

Looks like a great place to meet friends for a weekend brunch, or perhaps lunch, or even dinner. Thanks for your comment on my blog today. I got a laugh out of it, but I think I'll have to nip it in the bud.

RedPat said...

I've never heard of this city! I obviously missed it in my Florida travels. Looks nice, Lowell!

Marleen said...

An inviting place, I like the bright colours.

William Kendall said...

It looks welcoming.

Bill said...

Sounds like a great town and the museum would be interesting to see. Have you ever been to the museum? Cecile's French Corner looks very inviting and a nice place to eat.

Sharon said...

What a lovely place for a relaxing lunch. Mt. Dora sounds like the kind of place I'd enjoy spending some time.

magiceye said...

Beautiful frame with a lovely mix of bright colours, light and shade!

Kay said...

This looks like a great place to visit!

Petrea Burchard said...

I think I'd like very much to visit that spot.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Mt Dora sounds tres charming Lowell ✨

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

I would like Mt Dora and I will add it it to my to visit list. Have to say though that 'Modernism Museum' sounds like an oxymoron.

"Photographers deal in things which are continually vanishing and when they have vanished there is no contrivance on earth which can make them come back again." — Henri Cartier-Bresson