Thursday, February 2, 2017

Glass Bottom Boats at Silver Springs State Park

 



These glass bottom boats have been around for many years and they are still in service and available to people who visit the Silver Springs State Park.  The first shot shows the landing, loading and debarking area.  The other two boats are moving in a circular motion above the head of the springs, where hundreds of thousands of gallons of 99% plus pure water pours out every day.

It is in this area that you can see artifacts used in the "I Spy" TV series still in place on the bottom of the river. 

15 comments:

William Kendall said...

Another blogger I follow has camped in this area, and featured these boats. A good leftover from the place's old days.

Lois said...

I remember going for rides on these boats when I was a kid. I wouldn't mind going back!

Bill said...

A glass bottom boat would be interesting to step in to. I Spy, that's a blast from the past.

Catalyst said...

Well, hey, I wanted to see through the glass bottom!

Kay said...

Whatever floats your boat, I guess....;-)

Linda said...

It must be lovely to travel in a glass bottomed boat!

Marleen said...

I would definitely take a tour if I was near.

Andy said...

I always remember how clear the water is at Silver Springs.

Taken For Granted said...

I remember these from my childhood, and that was a long time ago. Lovely shots of these historic boats. I do remember the "I Spy" series also.

stardust said...

Dear Lowell - Wonderful photos of the Glass Bottom Boats and reflections. I see people watching the bottom of the boat in the B&W photo.

Yoko

Sharon said...

When you say "many years", you aren't just kidding. I remember doing this as a child and that was without a doubt, many years ago.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

I would hop aboard for sure Lowell! Looks like this cruise has a good crowd having fun .

magiceye said...

Loved the last pic the best!

Halcyon said...

It's such a treat to take a ride on one of those!

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

I like these "old Florida" attractions....and would certainly try this just for fun.

"Photographers deal in things which are continually vanishing and when they have vanished there is no contrivance on earth which can make them come back again." — Henri Cartier-Bresson