Saturday, February 4, 2017

Rainbow Springs Swimming Area


On the day this photo was taken (a few weeks ago) the weather was coolish. Few people were at the park as it was midweek, and as I said, coolish. The water in the swimming area, which you see pictured, is always 72 degrees F (year-round). That's too cold for me but many younger people such as my grandchildren seem to have no problem with it.

If you look closely at the center of the photo, you will see a man swimming.  His wife was also in the water, but off to the right, out of the picture. This swimming area is infested with alligators so one must be careful, but we saw no gators that day; just these two people, who upon further scrutiny, appeared to be in their 70s. I don't think that's very old anymore, but it's too old to be swimming in 72 degree water on a coolish day for crying out loud!

15 comments:

Kay said...

Sorry. I don't care how cold or warm the water is. "Swimming" and "area infested with alligators" just don't belong together in my book.

magiceye said...

Swimming allowed despite the presence of alligators! Wow!

Small City Scenes said...

I see no need to swim with the gators. No matter what the temp.
MB

Linda said...

It is a gorgeous and idyllic setting, Lowell! And the temperature is just right for swimming. However, even though I love the water and love to swim as well, just knowing the possibility of alligators being around would spook me enough to keep me out of the water. :)

Petrea Burchard said...

TOO COLD. (Sorry for the shouting.)

Gosia said...

I love he peaceful place

GreensboroDailyPhoto said...

80 degree is my cut off point. At least the water is clear, but alligators are FAST.

Happy Sunday!

Janis
GDP

Andy said...

Yup... when you are in your seventies anyone 10 years younger is really young and anyone five years older is really old. (:

Sharon said...

I couldn't agree more! Way too cold for me to go near the water however, the alligator possibility would have kept me away anyway.

Marleen said...

It looks nice to swim, but knowing that there are alligators would stop me.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Oh my gosh Lowell! Swimming in crocodile infested water.. that's absolute madness 😊 Have to admit I love walking by the sea, but as for swimming, I'll stick to my pool ☺☺

William Kendall said...

It's the swimming around gators part that I would object to!

RedPat said...

I don't swim with alligators no matter what the temp!

Bill said...

I wouldn't put my foot in the water when there could possibly be some gators. It's crazy to be in that water.

Laura. M said...

Naturaleza siempre hermoda Lovell.
Un abrazo.

"Photographers deal in things which are continually vanishing and when they have vanished there is no contrivance on earth which can make them come back again." — Henri Cartier-Bresson