Friday, September 8, 2017

The Move to Trilogy






I'm back and am excited to once again share photos with my friends in the CDP community!  It's been a hectic and difficult couple of months, but we're now settled in and I'm hoping to find the time to post on a regular basis.  

As some of my readers know, Lois Anne and I have moved from a relatively large house to a much smaller house located in the resort community known as Trilogy.

Trilogy operates a number of 55+ resort communities here in Florida and in other states as well.  The first time we visited Ocala's Trilogy was about a year and a half ago and it was just getting started and we were not allowed inside the gate and left unimpressed.

Time, they say, changes things.   We went back a couple of months ago and were quite taken with the entire community.  We'd been thinking of downsizing for some time and after looking things over we decided this was the place to do it. So, we sold our house and bought another smaller house in Trilogy.

The first and last photos show the iconic Trilogy tower.  I've been told there's nothing in it but some steps which lead to the top.  I've yet to discover if it has any other meaning than that of representing Ocala's Trilogy resort.

The 2nd show shows Reflection Lake in which you can kayak, canoe, and fish. The building you see is where you obtain the vessels to traverse the lake.  The 3rd shot shows what's called the Oak House.  It contains a restaurant/bar, a concierge to assist you, a golf pro shop with pool tables, a workout gym, a spa, wine lockers, and the Trilogy mail delivery room.  

The Oak House also has a massive "common" room where you can come and relax, read, converse with friends, etc.  That's what you see in the 4th shot.

As time goes by, we'll show other photos of the community and its amenities - including the unique and fun golf course.

Now, all of the above depends upon us not getting blown away by Hurricane Irma! We doubtless will get some strong winds and rain but we're on high ground, about 75 miles between the coasts and far enough north that we tend to hang our hat on the hope Irma's force will dissipate substantially by the time it gets to us.


19 comments:

RedPat said...

It was so good to hear from you today - I've been thinking of you especially the last few days with Irma heading towards Fla. Looking forward to more shots from Trilogy! Hope you can both relax a bit now!

William Kendall said...

Welcome back!

Marleen said...

It's good to see you back, Lowell! Your photos show a wonderful area, I hope Irma passes you without causing damage.
Stay well :)

Small City Scenes said...

You guys came back! I am impressed. We all missed you and your sometimes snarky comments.
Trilogy looks very promising AND of course it has THE GOLF COURSE. Many trails to bike or walk upon?
I hope the winds calm down for everybody. Fires, winds, floods---does that sound like revelations??? NOT!
Happiness to you both not just relax
MB

Gunn said...

So nice to have YOU back!
( Hope all goes better with Irma than what some are expecting.)

Goodnight from me here at the north of Europe!

Bill said...

Good to hear from you, I thought you might post something seeing Irma was going to visit Florida. Hopefully you'll be out of her way. Stay safe and well.
Looks like someone left a book on top of the Trilogy tower. :)

Taken For Granted said...

Exciting to be in a new place and discover new neighborhoods. Do not apologize for being busy. Moving is always busy. Glad to see you are back.

Linda said...

Your photos are gorgeous, Lowell, and I perked up when I saw your comment on my blog today, (which I responded to there), as I have been thinking of you a lot lately and have been wondering how you are. In fact, I was going to stop by your blog and leave a comment, to let you know that I am thinking of you and that I hoped you were safe and happy. I can't begin to tell you how happy I am that you are back, dear friend, and moving is never a fun or easy thing to do. A very warm welcome back, Lowell! :)

magiceye said...

Great to see you back! Here's hoping Irma will ignore you and move on! Looking forward to explore Trilogy with you.

Kay said...

Welcome back...and welcome home! I'm delighted you've landed on your feet and it looks like you're in a fine new neighborhood and I certainly like the look of that common room (which looks anything but common!). Fingers crossed that Irma turns out to be a dud or at least loses interest by the time she gets to Ocala.

Petrea Burchard said...

Good to see you, Lowell! May Irma leave you and all of Florida in peace.

My in-laws lived in a Trilogy place in Washington state and were very happy. I particularly liked the restaurant. ;)

Andy said...

Glad to see you are back. Don't trust Irma. Play it safe.

Gosia said...

nice place for living. Love from Europe

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Welcome back Lowell, it's so good to hear that you are settled into your new home, it sounds perfect and I'm really happy to hear that you're on higher ground. Time to batten the hatches and wait out the storm! Take care both of you.

Shammickite said...

The Trilogy Tower is a bit weird, isn't it? I hope it doesn't take off when Irma comes visiting.
Good to know your move went well. It's hard moving from a large place to a smaller place, lots of "stuff" to get rid of. I live in a 55+ community too. It's nice to have the grass cut and the windows washed but I find it a bit too quiet. I miss children on the street and the traffic. I miss the excitement when the police visited the druggie guy across the street at my old house. But perhaps your neighbourhood will be more lively.

Lois said...

This looks and sounds like a wonderful community Lowell! So glad you are back to blogging again.

Thanks for your comment of my post about Auschwitz. I hope you were able to look at the first one the day before and I also have another one posted today. It was a very sobering experience visiting there and I tried to be sensitive when showing my photos. It is an important part of history and one I feel is important to remember.

Sharon said...

It's so good you have you back on line again. I've missed your wit and wisdom. Your new home looks great and I'm totally in favor of downsizing. Stay safe from all the wind and rain. Hopefully that's all you will get in your location.

stardust said...

Dear Lowell - Looks like we got back to blogging nearly at the same time. Nice to know you are settled at last in such a nice and beautiful community after the hustle-bustle of the moving which can be stressful. Starting afresh after downsizing is a good idea. Wish you healthy and peaceful days ahead.

Yoko

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

We've downsized a couple of times at least -- and it's never tons of fun even when you are happy with your decision ... as you and Lois Ann have every reason to be based on this post. Irma's timing didn't exactly help with the stress level, but I assume all is at least fairly well!!

"Photographers deal in things which are continually vanishing and when they have vanished there is no contrivance on earth which can make them come back again." — Henri Cartier-Bresson