Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Homemade Sandstorm


This photo looks across a section of the Trilogy golf course to an area which is being prepared for home construction.  That means a lot of dirt is being moved from on place to another.

I'm not familiar with most of the heavy equipment involved.  Bulldozers are prevalent and those I can identify but there are other long and sleek machines that run back and forth at what appears to be 50 miles per hour, but is probably more like 25 miles per hour.

What all of that action does is stir up the dust and if you didn't know better you might think you were in the middle of a sandstorm.

I tidied up the photo with a Photoshop Action called "Illustration."

13 comments:

Bill said...

A wonderful illustration it is. Expansion is coming fast these days.

RedPat said...

I love the effect on this one too, Lowell!

William Kendall said...

Good shot!

Taken For Granted said...

Except for the sandstorm that is a lovely photo with that manicured grass and lovely sky.

Kay said...

Time is money when it comes to big construction equipment. And your new neighbors-to-be are waiting!

Marleen said...

I love the sky in your photo.

Francisco Manuel Carrajola Oliveira said...

Fantástico este belo trabalho.
Um abraço, boa semana.

Andarilhar
Dedais de Francisco e Idalisa
O prazer dos livros

orvokki said...

I like your photo art, well done.
Have a nice day.

Michelle said...

I do like your edit on this photo. No doubt they are making quite the mess.

Revrunner said...

Or someone going crazy in heck of a sand trap. :-)

Lois said...

Nice photo Lowell. I like the way the sky looks. My youngest grandson could probably name every single piece of heavy equipment there!

Sharon said...

You've made a sandstorm look very appealing! What a great photo. I think I know the long, swift-moving piece of equipment you are talking about. There is a big construction job going on just down the street from where I live and I've seen that thing driving around there. It's gone now because they started framing the new building.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Gosh they really are making a mess there! Excellent image Lowell ☺

"Photographers deal in things which are continually vanishing and when they have vanished there is no contrivance on earth which can make them come back again." — Henri Cartier-Bresson